
I say this a lot. I say this to God in prayer. I say this to my children. I say it to Chris. I say it to my mom and dad, my in-laws and all my brothers, sisters and friends. I say it so much that it sometimes can lose it's true meaning, if I don't really think before I say it.
Love is what I give freely to you. And if I really mean it, it means that I will love you unconditionally. Whether you chose to love me in return.
What a great thing, right?
Yes!
but allow me to explain further...
Love is not this thing that comes in a box with a bow around it. It is not a bouquet of flowers. Love is not a singing quartet, a dinner, a movie or any jewelry. Love is not saying "I love you". Love is not a hug, a kiss and it is not "making love". Love is not any of those things that the world will try to explain in a hallmark card. It is nothing physically bound.
But let me tell you what love is (in my humble opinion).
Love is this pain I feel in my chest that when I think about you, I am overwhelmed to the point of tears and can hardly catch my breath.
Love is knowing that today you are going to screw up so bad, I will want to slap the back of your head and then kiss it to make it feel better.
Love is being on alert at all times for whatever you may need. I will go to all of the ends of the earth to show you I love you, even if you don't ask, expect or return my sentiments.
Love is constantly finding the joy between us even when there is sadness and turmoil.
Love is when I am without you, I long to be in your arms and you in mine.
Love is when you change into someone else I do not know, or even someone I do not like, I will continue to love you.
Love is dying a million deaths if that meant for you to let me love you one more second.
Love is praying for you and desiring you to get to Heaven, and get there right away.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily
angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but
rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes,
always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8a)This is how much I love you. I am not perfect, but I will try to love you perfectly.
IF you are so lucky to love someone like this or to have someone love you in this manner - consider yourself blessed.
And if you ever doubt that there is not anyone who loves you this much...
He- you know who I am referring too-loves you even more than this!
te amo mi amor! xoxo <3 paces.
ReplyDeleteTruly beautiful, Luci. Happy St. Valentines Day to you and yours. It's a great day for love...
ReplyDeletelove from your not-so-anonymous friend,
Mary