WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

These Days Are Magical

These days we are working on potty training. I told myself I wouldn't get worked up over it. Either she was ready or she wasn't and either way I wasn't going to force the issue. I would just ask "potty?" and wait until I got a "yes".
It finally happened a couple days ago and we aren't looking back. She isn't at a point where she tells us she has to go every time but if we ask she'll let us know. It's all a work in progress. I am just so elated that she is picking it up and enjoying celebrating after each time.
It's definitely the small things these days that are getting me. As my office coworker said who has teenagers "these days are magical", these days being the younger years.
It is truly magical. maria is starting to form opinions. She is beginning to m ow what she likes and doesn't like. she will eat er warm grean beans and after they get cold, because she grazes for thirty minutes she'll say, "don't like it". Or "too hot momma?" ill say, "no maria, its too cold i have to warm It up.". And she'll come at me with," no warm momma. i eat it.otay?"
Maria and I watch her "baby" videos and she gets a kick out of herself. She will cover her mouth and giggle profusely as if she knows just how adorable she was as a one year old. It's incredible. If only i had endless amounts of video space to record this stuff! Gulp
My little man is showing his little magical ways to. I can't seem to stop kissing those cheeks that are soft and plump! He is probably so sick of me kissing them. So I am taking advantage of the fact he can't tell me to "stop" or "don't". The kid is amazing! He sleeps through the night. I lay him in his bed and he is out. That can't be normal. But, Pssshhhh I ain't complaining. And when he is awake he is all gums and smiles. I need to figure out the recipe to create another little creAture like him... I simply can't get enough.
He had his check up today and the results are in. He is in the 100th percentile for height, 63rd percentile for head circumference and 37th for weight. Skinny little munchkin!
I am having so much fun being a parent, being their mom. I never forget I am a mother of two saints as well so that keeps me a little more tame when I feel like exploding sometimes! Thank God for them. I can tell I am valuing these moments so much more.
Here goes some Photo Frenzy:

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! Darling pictures, Luci. Yes, these are magical days and it seems that you know this and are treasuring them...good for you.

    Can't wait to see what they are for Halloween!!!

    love from your not-so-anonymous friend,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!