Sometimes being a mom is hard. Not because having two kids is hard, it's all the extra responsibilities I have to keep up with. Tonight was especially one of those nights. It felt like the dishes were endless, every piece of dirt and crumb on the floor were magnified, Joseph was getting irritable because he was hungry, but I had to wait five more minutes for my veggies in the oven to be done and finish browning the meat that is on the stove so dinner is not burnt to the ground. On top of that I had laundry that was making making me claustrophobic. I seriously do not know how we go through so much laundry in a week. it's re-donk! All of the clutter and mess makes me have tiny panic attacks, because i can't get to it all like I used to - I have kids that need me all the time now. i do like that they want my attention!
By the time I am ready to take fifteen minutes to sit down and feed Joseph, I realize Maria is out of my sight and too quiet.
I scream (exaggerated) out her name in slight panic. After a few calls out, she yells back, "what!?"
I tell to her to come down stairs so I can have her in eyes site.
and then...
Happy as a lark she tells me, "I go potty, momma"
hmmm? well, she came from upstairs, not the bathroom. I knew darn good and well she she didn't go potty in the potty. Frustrated i reply, "you went potty??!!?!?" (sad face)
And then she calms my nerves by saying, "fine,momma! See? Pants on!" She had taken off the pants she peed in and ran upstairs to put on a new pair before I could be upset.
I typically would have been crying over ANOTHER peeing accident, however for some reason tonight, I gave up being strict. Instead, I relished the moment of my little girl at least trying to grow up and put her big girl pants on. Heart. Melt. On. Floor.

Oh my gosh, she has grown! I swear, becoming an older sibling just speeds up the "becoming a big kid" process. Sniffle. She is beautiful, and those pictures had me laughing. What a sweetheart.
ReplyDeleteOOOHHH, melt my heart like butter!!! That is so sweet...just like her mommy!!!
ReplyDeleteSo adorable!! She's getting so big!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, she is darling. And she is trying, Mommy, to handle it all. :)
ReplyDeletelove from your not-so-anonymous friend,
Mary
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on rapid weightloss. Regards
ReplyDeleteFeel free to visit my web page fast weight loss diet