This passed week I had an MRI done. It was one of the more scary things I have done in my life, but never-the-less very necessary in order to tell Chris and I what's going on with the twins. I dressed in one of those soap opera gowns that you see Susan Lucci where when every she goes to the hospital, and mustard up enough courage to walk around the MRI room with my rear exposed. They guided both Chris and I into the MRI room where there in lie "the thing". It was a white tube, with lots of gizmos and gadgets lying around to probe me. Behind the darkened glass was a team of nurses and a radiologist specialist and lots of computers. I was sucked into the vibrating tube with a camera around my belly and warm blanket to cover up. It was very loud and vibratious in there, but I was extremely comforted by Chris being there by my side as it GonGed and BeEEPed LOUDLY. They took over a thousand pictures of the babies, and after an hour 1/2 they finally finished. The good news was that she said that the babies were moving rapidly so it was hard to take the final pictures of them. That made me overjoyed that they were still ok. The bad news...
The next day I received a phone call from Dr. Coppage, a high risk pregnancy doctor from Good Samaratin Hospital. She broke the news that indeed the babies did in fact have 1 heart to share and very vital organs. They had all of their lower extremities and two heads, but the fact that they shared 1 heart and vital organs, she in her medical opinion, did not think the babies will live outside of the womb. CRUSHED!
I was so hopeful that there might have been some mistake in that, they both would have a heart for their bodies, but the fact was confirmed that they were to live off of 1 heart. My heart was broken even though we knew it was possible... But does this mean God has forsaken me in my prayers?
No. I believe that God hears my prayers. I just have to listen for His.
I love the new look of your blog. Beautifully pink and pretty. Just wanted to send you a quick message that I'm missing you like crazy. Mom and I were discussing a girls only beach trip this fall? Love you sweet sweet sis.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture on your blog!!!! I'm thinking of you and love you!
ReplyDeleteLuci, You are such an amazing woman. You and Chris are in my thoughts daily. Many, many prayers, Linz xoxoxo PS: Love the new look on the blog!
ReplyDelete