WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Why You Are The Best Daddy In The Whole World!


Yesterday, Chris asked me to write on the blog. I have been in somewhat of an emotional laziness and unmotivated to write on our Family Blog. I chose never to write on it unless it is truly inspired by the Holy Spirit - as I have always done. I have started a bizillion blog entries, but don't post because they are not right for the moment and sometimes forced. But this one is coming so naturally and I believe with the help of little Gracie and Hope.

You are the best Daddy in the World! I knew this from our very first date - that you tricked me into, by the way. ;) We were at the reds game sitting in the best seats I had ever sat. I was fixated on the players and the game while you were fixated on me. You asked questions about me and about my family, and I am always honest in what I think of those to things. Me, I am an open book. God first, Family second and then friends. For some reason you asked about family, what I wanted for a family in my future. I said in a desperate attempt for you to NOT want to have interest in me, " I want ten kids". I was honest. Your immediate response was, "this could work". You didn't know it then, but you planted a seed in my heart that God nourished over the next three months while you played cat and I played mouse. I will never forget your heart's honesty.

You are the best Daddy in the world! I knew this would come true when I saw it written in a birthday card from your mom. It read, "I am so proud of you. You will be a great Father someday." When I read that, to me it was a what I already knew - this man is special.

You are the best Daddy in the world! You gave me our daughters Hope and Grace. From the moment I found out I was pregnant you were actively involved with your children's lives. Morning came around and it was a smile on your face and a warm hug for me and the girls. Dinner came around, and I couldn't stand the sight of meat, and you fixed our meals. Bed time came, and it was a story before bedtime that you read to the girls, a kiss goodnight for them and their mommy and then a prenatal vitamin to top it off.

You are the Best Daddy in the World! You never missed one doctor's appointment. I don't know what the girls and I would have done with out you there. You were there to pick us up with every shot of bad news. You were there to get us out of bed when we couldn't move. You were there to make us laugh and think happy thoughts when all seemed doomed.

You are the Best Daddy in the World! When the girls were born, you held them until their last breath. It was a gift that they gave just to you! You baptized them, "In the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit". You were the only one that got to hold their precious short life. Again, this was a gift they gave specially to you - because, you are the best Daddy in the whole world!

And so, the time approaches near when God will bless us again with children and until that time, please know that the gift that God gave me in you and in my daughters will never be taken for granted. I will never forget us being parents for the first time. I love you my darling Husband. You are the best Daddy in the World! Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. gulp. this needs to be framed. Most beautiful words ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inspiring, this makes me so thankful to have you both in my life! You are two of the strongest people I have ever known, and I believe that God has given you both to me. I am so blessed to be a part of your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think he's one of the best too!! There's no doubt he's something special. All our love, Jacque and Michael

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!