WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

It's hard to explain what it means to me to be a mother of two daughters in heaven and one on the way. My heart constantly longs to hold my two in heaven and I would leave this world without hesitation if they asked our Lord to bring me to them. Yet, I have little Maria who reminds me daily of how important it is to continue on to be a mother to her as she prepares to enter in this world. I am in love with all three and feel torn literally between two worlds. Chris often reminds me that it will always be this way for us as we will always long for Heaven to be with Hope and Grace, and when we get there, we will long for all of our other children to make it there with us.
And so, I am swelled with the love for my children. I know that Chris and I are truly blessed to have begun our family with two little saints that watch over all of us. I am joyful and patient for the arrival of little Maria and being given a gift so precious of a third baby. I thank Jesus for my health and for the immense gift of being able to have a children and longing desire for Heaven.

I received a very special gift from all three of my daughters at mass. I have talked before about how music is so important for the soul, and how it touches me deeply. When I was pregnant with the girls (#1 and #2) I would sing "You are Mine" to them almost every morning on my way to work. And with little Maria, I have made her song "Ave Maria" in honor of Our Lady and the importance of staying close to her. So Yesterday after receiving communion, both songs played. I received Our Lord in Communion and then received my girls in song. It touched me so deeply that I couldn't hold back the tears.
Below is the song of "You are mine" and if you can imagine sing this to your children who are on their way to heaven, and then them singing it to you as they await for your arrival .... It really speaks wonders of my relationship with Hope and Grace.

I will come to you in the silence
I will lift you from all your fear
You will hear My voice
I claim you as My choice
Be still, and know I am near

I am hope for all who are hopeless
I am eyes for all who long to see
In the shadows of the night,
I will be your light
Come and rest in Me

Chorus:
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine

I am strength for all the despairing
Healing for the ones who dwell in shame
All the blind will see, the lame will all run free
And all will know My name

Chorus:
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine

I am the Word that leads all to freedom
I am the peace the world cannot give
I will call your name, embracing all your pain
Stand up, now, walk, and live


After Mass, Chris and I cooked for his Mom and Grandma for Mother's Day. I am SO blessed to have as mother-in-law, who I love so dearly. I can't say enough of how fun and truly joyful Linda is all of the time (except if she is cleaning before a party, stay clear... ;) But she is always the first to give of herself and be there for anyone. I am so excited God chose her to be Grandma to my girls!! I see her sewing lots of dresses, baking lots of cakes and giving lots of hugs to her little grandbaby Maria!
"Boots" Great-Grandma Piper, Grandma Klare ;) lol. (Linda), Luci

And to my Mom, who was with my Grandmother for Mother's Day. I love you. Is there really more to say? You are who I try to exemplify as a mother as you have exemplified all our lives the Mother Mary. You and I have a special gift of mother and daughter that I only pray my girls can feel about me, the way I feel about you. Thank you for saying "yes", 26 years ago when you thought it impossible to have a sixth child. I love you.


Finally, I want to pray for all the mothers who have conceived and lost their children. I pray for the ones who are waiting to bear a child or adopt. Their pain is immense and it is real, for God has given them the great blessing of desiring motherhood. I especially pray for my sister-in-law Angie, who with God and the love of my brother has created two eternal souls that run around in Heaven, and still long to fill their house with a baby. And as she reminded me last night, life starts from CONCEPTION, no matter how tiny the soul has already been created and will be eternal in the Father's eyes. Mother's who find complications in conceiving, carrying to term or in sudden loss have a long strenous journey. Please pray for their strength and fortitude.

And I leave you saying this... Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I LOVE "You are Mine"!!! That song has gotten me through the toughest times in my life {nothing to compare to yous}. But I feel God's presence in that song so strongly! As if He's talking directly to me. I just adore it.

    From one expectant mother to another, Happy Mother's Day! ...did you have anyone tell you that they can wish you a Happy Mother's Day next year??? I had so many people say that to me. I don't get it. I AM a mother now. Not next year. Now. That totally bugged me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. luci i'm so glad you saw my post! i had asked anna to send it to me from the radiant magazine...we ordered a bunch for our youth group girls!! your words are so amazing!! thank you for sharing their story with us all... God is working through your family and touching so many lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!