WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Friday, May 18, 2012

Joseph's ultrasound pics. and a little reflection.

Yesterday Ole' Man Klare, Maria and I headed to Good Samaritan for an ordered ultrasound from the doc to see how little baby Joseph is growing.  I think he was a little concerned as I am currently measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule and wanted to see just how big our jo-jos is growing.

After a few minutes you hear Ole' Man Klare saying, "is that right?  his head is measuring 40 weeks?" (mind you, I am currently only 36 weeks)
Our ultrasound tech confirmed, indeed he is measuring 40 weeks.  Then she probed his belly measurements and revealed how much she thinks he weighs.... 

any guesses before I tell you?   

Think about it and I will tell you at the end.

Here are a couple of pics from the ultrasound.  We couldn't get any great pictures of his eyes.  He was so buried down low.  But we did get to see that he has HUGE cheeks and a mouth, nose and chin pretty identical to Maria's.  So i think it's safe to say these two will look very similar! 


Reality really set in yesterday...
  We are going to have another baby. 
EEeeeek!  ;)
Last night, before I laid Maria to sleep, she said to me "Wok, Wok"  pointing to the rocking chair.
As I held her in my arms and rocked her for a minute and sang her a little tune, I realized that this was going to be one of the last moments of it just being us, of her being the only object upon which I flood all my affection of motherly kisses, squeezes and hugs.
I tried to hold back the tears, but those just come free flowing these days.
While I love having just Maria all to myself and I am sure she loves having all my attention, I can't wait to see her as a big sister.  She for sure will be very loving and motherly.  She doesn't have a streak of jealousy in her nor craves attention.  Very beautiful virtues to have early on.  I think she will, however whip is toosh into shape if he is ever out of line. LOL!  We sometimes call her "our little dictator". :)
I feel so grateful how far we have come as a family.  The fact that Chris and I have the desire to continue to grow our family and be open to whatever he gives us is such a gift - a miracle, really.

Chris, I think we should be so proud of ourselves. (gulp, here come the tears)
We have been the vessels of life for our daughters - two SAINTS!
We have raised an amazingly funny, smart and beautiful little girl who has been the center of joy to our daily lives.
And we are about to add a fourth to the mix ... who knows what his personality is he is going to have or what chaos we are about to lose our (your) hair over, it's gonna be bliss!
When we lay in bed and dream of a bed full of kids, did you ever imagine that it would be this awesome?
the happiness is more than I could have ever dreamed of!  thank you for sharing this with me.

Looking at all the extra joy that is about to hit us with Joseph's arrival I sincerely give thanks to God for these gifts of my husband and children.  I am totally not deserving of such happiness and love but I am so very very very grateful that I can call each one of them mine.

We all can't wait to meet you Joseph!
All 7lbs 7oz of you - as of yesterday.

<3 luci

4 comments:

  1. Wow! He's going to be a chunk! I love chubby babies. :)

    I'm so excited for you. He is already beautiful. I can't believe how clear those pictures are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 20, 2012

    Oh my, Luci! He is a growing boy! Get those football pads ready.....!!!!
    What a beautiful post. You will see that your love multiplies as you welcome yet another baby into your lives.
    love from your not-so-anonymous friend,
    Mary Considine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luci! I cannot weight to meet sweet baby Joseph! Those ultrasound pics are amazing - looks like Joseph is going to have the perfect cheeks for smooshing with a million kisses! You and Chris are such amazing parents and Joseph is a very lucky little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey did you know jojo isn't inside your womb anymore? Ppl might want to see his face other than on the ultrasound pic!;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!