WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

i love this girl.

I am seriously in love with this little girl.
Is it weird that I get all choked up just writing that down?
Maria has been the light to my darkness.  All the tears and pain that I feel when I think of how much I miss my babies, Hope and Grace are soaked up and healed by Maria's love.
I love her.
Maria's smiles, hugs, squeezes and kisses are enough to make my heart explode each and every time she freely gives them to me.  
She is so unique in her own right.
I adore she loves her daddy and calls for him every time she hears a strange noise in the house or outside.
I love that she says, "hi mama" every time she snuggles on my chest and needs some of my loving.
I love that she knows her grandparents and adores them all.  Each time we pull up to Chris' mom and dad's she points with a smile, "papaw!"
Same thing with my mom and dad she points and says, "nana!"
I love that she is so much like Chris.  She likes to do things by herself, but needs me there to watch and support.  Or she will sit for a long time taking things apart only to figure out how to put it back together again.  But she is most like him in knowing the details.  She will spot a "mess" on my shirt and be quick to let me know.  Or she will stand at the front door and keep eye on the neighborhood.  Her temper is quick and ravenous but leaves just as quick to shower you with love... :) THAT is something to see.  
Chris and I always say, "ooo, she's got that jaw going" when she get's mad. LOL!
I love this girl.
I love her goofy words
Beet = blanket
wook = work
alamo = Elmo
abow = Elbow
tantoo = thank you
Allah = Angela
pi-ow = pillow
pouw = pool
 ell-O = Hello (my personal fav)
 I love this girl.
I could spend hours lifetimes looking at her, holding her and loving her.
Joseph is almost here.  
Soon my heart will grow even more.  I will get to enjoy two children in heaven and two in my arms.  I can't believe i am at this stage in my life already.  (AGH!)
But i can't wait to watch Maria grow into a big sister and share the joys of having a sibling like i had.  it is such a gift!
I want her to know that this time we have had together in these past 21 months have been so amazing with just us.
God sent her to me to heal my heart, to downpour my love on and to regain my desire for life as a mother.
Thank you, Maria for being a part of this crazy family.  For allowing daddy and i to love you so much and kiss you until your face is blotched!  thank you for being everything to us these past 21 months.  
we love you.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post. Maria is so loved, she's very lucky to have such a loving mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, Lulu- Last weekend Michael took the girls to Nashville and I had only Christian. It brought me back to the days when Lucy was our little world. Those were such good days!! hahahah!! I texted Meredith and said, "Dang, I know why people only have 1 child!" Kidding, I'm kidding...kind of, sort of. I remember crying so hard before I had Emilia thinking I was going to take something away from Lucy. No, it only gets better.

    I love that little girl of yours. I could just sit and watch her for HOURS. How about you teach her to say AUNTIE!? Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Maria is a such cutie and she's as lucky to have you as you are to have her. I hope I can be as good a mom to my little one as your are to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is getting prettier all the time! I cannot wait for you to experience the joy of watching her grow as a big sister. Trinity was only 12.5 months when Gabriel came, and the transformation was profound. But Gabe's reaction to Simon's arrival has been even more incredible to witness. Keep writing down those words! Before you know it she'll be pronouncing everything correctly, and while it's a milestone worth celebrating, it's bittersweet when they give up their baby-speak for "proper" English.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!