our saturday night
These days it's a little more difficult keeping the romance alive with two lil peanuts whipping us in every which direction and trying to maintain a clean house which can easily get muddled in diapers, bottles, nursing pads, diaper clothes, pukey clothes, muddy clothes, shoes and dishes, dishes, dishes!
But Saturday night the kids were asleep and I attempted to have quiet time with old man klare. I poured us a drink to unwind. We sat on the couch, he read his book, I watched a little show on tv and took sip of my much anticipated vino.
Thirty minutes later...
I wake up, mouth open wide, too tired to even want to move. Chris is still reading on the couch. The thought of attempting to stay up to 11:30 made me physically ill. So I get off the couch, barely able to mutter the words, "goodnight" and drag myself to bed.
So it was nice hanging out with you old man for the ten minute reprieve we got from the children. But this old lady just can't hang like I used to.
Maybe we should schedule a night off of parent duty if you ever want to see the fun side of me again.


so true.
ReplyDeleteHELLO??? You have free sitters!!! What I would do...oh, what I would do....
ReplyDeleteGet all fancy or wear your pj's, but for the love, just go!
Lovya. Jac
hahah...been there! We have found that Andrew and I cannot watch movies when we want to spend quality time together because he passes out after 10 minutes. ;)
ReplyDelete