
Sundays are so beautiful. They are beautiful because God gave us the example of rest. Rest our minds, our bodies, our spirits and our Souls. He gave us the instruction to MAKE HOLY these days. So many of us attend church with the intention of making the most out of our hourly church time, yet we are faultered by the many distractions of people hustling in and out of church, young ones and older ones whispering and talking, children screaming and laughing, or our own millions of thoughts on our minds that take us away from the one hour God asks to spend with Him.
Yesterday in mass, I was utterly distracted. But I focused on one simple thing to help me focus on prayer and why God was asking me to be in His presence yesterday, and that was the music playing. So many times something so simple as participating in a song or prayer will capture our attention back on why we are there in the first place.
Fr. Keene, a wonderful man and priest who married Chris and I, said in the homily at our wedding mass that, "Christ simply asks us to just show up!" And though so many times we fail to "show up" for Christ daily in prayer or even on Sunday masses, He is ALWAYS there waiting for us to be there, with arms wide open. I have learned this many times as I have failed miserably in showing up for Jesus.
But Yesterday, I did show up. I listened to Him speaking to me through the Gospel, through the music and most of all through the Eucharist. And through this most agonizing time of learning how to be a mother without my girls physically present here on earth and also how to grieve with my husband to be stronger holier people, I heard the Good Lord speaking to me. He consoled my weeping heart. He held my aching and pained body. He wrapped me in a hug with my girls and told me that he loved me. And in turn I asked Him to continue to strengthen my faith. I pleaded with Him to always hold me close and never let Chris and I go. I thanked Him for always "SHOWING UP" and eager to forgive my sins and help me get up again. I thanked Him for my faithful and unbelievable husband. I thanked Him for my two children, who have been true instruments in breaking hearts of stone for so many whom they have never even met; and who He has called to bring so much Love (God IS Love) to this world. And so with all my heart I sang and listened. We must Show up and simply say, "Here I am Lord!" He has so much to tell us.
I, the Lord of sea and sky,.
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.
I, who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send?
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.
I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have borne my people’s pain.
I have wept for love of them.
They turn away.
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.I will speak my words to them.
Whom shall I send?
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.
I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will send the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them.
My hand will save.
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.
Finest bread I will provide,
'Til their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them.
Whom shall I send?
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart
Hi Luci- I've never commented, but I've followed your blog for a while. I'm Laura, Tricia Zuniga's good friend. First I wanted to say I'm very sorry for your loss, but grateful that you have the hope of Christ. Second, your girls are beautiful and have made a huge impact on my life. My husband and I were going through quite a difficult time the past two years, and once I began reading your blog I was able to look at things in a new light. Thank you for being Christ's hands in my life, even without knowing who I am. I'm grateful for you, your girls, and your beautiful faith. You and your family are in my prayers.
ReplyDelete-Laura
Lu- I continue to gather such inspiration and strength from you miles away in Kansas:) It was so wonderful to see you last week and I realized from seeing you and Chris that amidst great suffering there is given an undeniable, tangible, very real presence of Christ. He fills the void with his love and mercy. I am not afraid to suffer anymore because of your testimony. (My melencholic self tends to worry). You are so beautiful and I love you so much!
ReplyDeleteLuci, I miss you and I continue to pray for you and your husband through your strength during this difficult time. Know that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much...alsways...
ReplyDeleteHi Luci, It's Tara Kreinbrink :) I too have been following your blog. I think about you every day and say a prayer. I can't even begin to understand so I say another prayer. I really liked this message. That is a song that always gets to me and makes me feel and wonder like there is something else i'm saposed to be doing. I love you all! Your strength is amazing. I look up to you and Chris now. I love you all so very much and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteI miss you!
Tara, Don, and Henry
i will always have you in my prayers.....your family is so beautiful... you all have thought me a great deal....... i thank you so much for that......be strong and my you always be happy.......with love auntie nevette
ReplyDeletethis is one of my favorite songs from mass...I love your blog...I found you from I love you my child...I am so happy to have found two Catholic bloggers that are so respectful of LIFE!!
ReplyDelete