WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

There were Fireworks!

What a great Labor Day Weekend!

Shewwwyy...

Jess, Ty and little Soph came to town this weekend. I watched Sophia one night, while Jessica went to go get her hair done, and needless to say, I NEVER took my eyes off her.

Saturday, the fam packed up the cow bells, the bleacher cushions and put on our big White and Blue to watch Gabe play his second varsity game! GO COLONELS. We lost. But at least we didn't get crushed! lol. We lost... I am still upset. Good news is Gabe is so darn cute in his uniform and he did a great job. Personal opinion, we could have won if he carried the ball more. But I am a LITTLE biased. GO COLONELS! GO GABE GRAY #28!!! WOO HOO! I love football!

Sunday, I missed out on seeing Sr. Maria Fidelis. The family went down to spend time with her at her mission work in Indianapolis. I miss her terribly and she just celebrated her birthday. I am pretty sure that once you devote your life to the Lord, he takes years off. She still looks 20! :) Happy Birthday Sister... You are loved more than you know!

Back to Sunday... I spent Sunday morning crying in church. I really didn't mean it. I just missed Hope and Grace so much. I absolutely get so angry when I feel sorry for myself, but the feelings just kept coming. It was the first time I went to Sunday mass without Chris, he went an hour later. I sat in the front pew and just sobbed from my heart as I listened to the choir sing. And then a lady next to me gave me a St. Gerard holy card, and as I read it... I thought, "Thank you, Lord. And I still have so much to be hopeful for!"

I dashed to the cemetary where I laid down next to their newly placed headstone and continued to cry and then laugh. I laughed because I was so happy when I thought of them. I was so happy to remember who each one individually was. I laughed when I thought of them playing in Heaven. Hope, who has no grace ;-) would trip over her own two feet and tell grace she didn't want to play hide and seek any more. Grace would hide so very quiet and still for as long as she could until she got bored with never being found. I think of Grandpa Piper, "Bud" who probably just "ews" and "aws" and how marvellous his great grandchildren are - Thank you for watching them for us until we get there grandpa! And so by the end of the mournful morning I was back to my old self chippery and delighted that I am so lucky to be loved by them.
Chris also had a similar morning. Full of emotion and joy. We are blessed to share these moments with our daughters who fill our hearts from heaven.

Sunday evening was a JOYFUL celebration. It was full of fireworks, family and mmm mmm food! :) Linda, invited Chris and myself to the rooftop of her office building to watch the big show. We enjoyed the company of Big Pappa Klare (JK), Little Mama Klare (Linda), highly motivated lil Bro (Kevin), Jessica and Tyler. I always have a blast when I am with my in-laws. I am so gratefully blessed that they accept me and love me for who I am. I love each one of them dearly, as the Klare's are known for bringing a lot of fun and family love to every event.

We had such a wonderful time enjoying the downtown scenery of Cincinnati, the music, the crowd, and the company of each other. Thank you Linda, for inviting us to go, we had such a wonderful time!



Kevin, stoked for the show!

Chris and Jerry enjoying the rooftop... People watching.

A Parachuter flying down from the sky into a SEA of people with his big American Flag!

The Gang!

Ole JK! And Linda... Girl... Where are you!??!!??

There you are!!! ALWAYS taking care of everybody else! I didn't even capture your pretty smile!

And then... there were fireworks!

...and goofballs!

1 comment:

  1. Someday soon, Luci, I will be watching fireworks with my grandchildren. - I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!