WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Make Like MUSTARD And KETCHUP!

For weeks now, I have been contemplating the big question: "When to start Maria on baby cereal"... I would place my spoon to her mouth and she would never open it up to take a "fake bite". I was grateful, as I was seriously not ready for her to eat baby cereal - big step.

For some, they may wonder what the big deal is, but for me, it is a very big deal. My little girl is growing up so fast. I mean, just months ago she could barely even keep her eyes uncrossed, and now she is sitting up and watching us eat and drooooooling.

Saturday, I was out to eat with my friends, and we had a little desert. I was putting spoonfulls of creme brulee in my mouth while Maria watched me - drooling uncontrollably like the Niagara Falls.

So I put my spoon to her mouth and chomp. She was ready for some food on that spoon.

It was time.
Behold:
The Chair
The Reach

The First Bite.


I continued to feed her a little more - about 1 tablespoon full of oatmeal and 3 tablespoons of milk. She liked it - a little.
Who am I kidding, she was shoving it in there!
Papa fed her a few bites for the first time.
Of course, she is always so happy when he is around. They are two of the EXACT KIND!
She gleamed in satisfaction.
And when it was all over, we were all happy about the accomplishments.
God is good.
These milestones are very hard to start in the beginning, but once you get started it's a blast!
Happy 5 Months baby girl...
YES, you were worth the wait!

5 comments:

  1. Watch out world, here she comes! I hope she starts sleeping through the night for you. What a cutie!! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! Hahah...i laughed out loud looking at your mouth wide open as you tried to feed her ;)heehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It's been so fun to watch her become her own little person past few months. You know when Dave sees this he's going to feel the need to slip her extra treats! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Luci,
    What a great post! I love your writing style and your funny little way of keeping us up to date on the latest antics of Maria.
    I hope the cereal is doing the trick and you are getting some much-needed rest. And keep in mind that spring is just around the corner, (at least I keep telling myself that)and soon you will be outside pushing her in a stroller enjoying the sunshine!
    take care,
    your not-so-anonymous friend,
    Mary Considine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Luci! I was thinking of you and Chris and Maria today; actually, I've thought a lot about you since you wrote me about Maria's arrival. So very sorry I didn't get to spend time catching up at Sarah and Pete's wedding (I said Hi to Chris as I chased my gang out the doors of St. Paul's). I've struggled a lot lately, this time of the year always does it to me.. Dec - March the two months I said goodbye to my little saints. You and your writings are an inspiration. You can verbalize feelings in a way I can't. Anyway, I've got little ones calling for my attention, but just wanted to say hello and let you know I was thinking of you all.

    Love, hugs and prayers,
    Julie Hengehold

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!