WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Balloon Hugs

Hope and Grace's 2nd Birthday!


This year I had a little extra help in making their cake...

and how could I resist that smile,
when she asked to dig into the icing... ;)

Our finish product...
bitter-sweet
(it's a butterfly)
And as tradition has it,

Mimi brings a dozen balloons for us all to release to heaven.

And one

by one

we ALL release a balloon


In hopes that inside these balloons


are giant hugs



flying to heaven to be received by our baby girls



Until next year little darlings...

Have the best 2nd year in Heaven.

I LOVE YOU

8 comments:

  1. I bet in true twin fashion they fought over each balloon bc one or the other wanted all the hugs from their family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. I was out of town on their birthday and got behind on reading blogs when you posted about it. So happy belated birthday to them. I'm sure they are smiling in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat way to celebrate their birthday! The cake is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful birthday tribute to two beautiful baby girls! Darling pictures of Maria also...the proud big sister! take care, Luci.
    Your not-so-anonymous friend,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this post so this is very late, but I wanted to comment anyways. Happy belated birthday to your little angels and big, big hugs to their mama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also missed this post somehow. Tears in my eyes as I read and looked at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cake you made for them. They were beautiful baby girls! Thanks for reaching out on my blog and for the info you gave me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet that you celebrate their life...to the world it wasn't an hour...but we know it was 8 months plus those 46 minutes...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!