WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Monday, March 19, 2012

His name ...

When picking out the name for little baby boy it was an absolute no brainer!  It was like God had whispered in our ears before we even knew he was a boy to give him a name that was imprinted on our hearts for him - if he indeed was a boy.
And because today is his feast day, I figured, today is the perfect day to reveal his name.  Although, almost everyone knows it by now, because i can't keep a secret.

SOooooo Happy Feast Day, Joseph!

(sheesh, I got a little teared up just saying that.)

Happy Feast Day Jo-Jos, as Maria has been calling you.

Your full name is Christopher Joseph Klare II. 

I couldn't think of any man I would rather name you after than your Daddy!  I have this picture in my head of what you will look like and act like and all images reflect a mini Ole Man Klare.  HA! I love it.

There are so many things I hope your name reminds you of. 
:  I hope that your name reminds you of your Daddy and what an honor it is to be his son, his first born son.  When you think of your dad and the man you want to be think of him - strong, loving, passionate about his children and providing for his family, sacrificial love, gardening, cigars, bourbon and faithful husband.  Of course, some of his vices I will tell you later and we will work on those. ;) (just kidding babe)
:  I hope your name reminds your of St. Joseph!  To emulate a great man who had the great task to take care of Mary and Jesus.  I hope as you become a man, you treat all women as St. Joseph treated Mary Our Mother - RESPECT, LOVE, CHARITY and HUMILITY!  Remember that!! 
:  I hope that your name reminds you of all the other Joseph's in our family.  Uncle Joe Klare, Uncle Joe Zuniga and Uncle David Joe Gray.  These men all have unique personalities but all great men who carry the name well.
:  I hope that your name reminds your of your sisters.  That you are the first boy after 3 very beautiful older sister.  Hope, Grace and Maria are tough acts to follow, my dear son.  But I know that all three will look after you and teach you the ropes of survival to be a Klare in our family. :)
:  I hope that your name will remind you of me.  :)  I hope that you know, every time I say your name I am overwhelmed with love for you.  I hope that your name reminds you of how much I love feeling you salsa in my tummy.  How when you are born I will hold you and kiss you as many times I have burdened your sisters with my smooches and hugs.  How when I look at your face I melt at the immense joy you are bringing into our lives.

Joseph, I love you son.  I love you with all my heart.  I can't wait to kiss your sweet cheeks in a couple months.  See you soon baby boy!

4 comments:

  1. Joseph was one of the names I had on my short list for this baby! It's my dad's middle name. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And his aunt Melanie Jo! And Adam Joseph and nori Jo!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwwwww.....I should have guessed it! Beautiful name..... So excited for you, Luci, that you are having a boy! Boys have a special love for their Mothers that you will come to know....
    take good care,
    love from your not-so-anonymous friend,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the name. but I am partial as our oldest girl is Josephine after St. Joseph!! Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!