WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

eggs, bunny ears and kids everywhere!!

Let me begin by saying... Happy (belated) Easter!

Easter morning was beautiful in our house.
I got to wake up to this beautiful face and proclaim, "Happy Easter Mush!!"
to which she had really no idea what i was talking about! lol.

This was, i felt, the first holiday i really prepared for.  And i wanted to make it really special for maria.
Rewind: two days before Easter...
My pal and partner in every crime, my sister jess and i stayed up until MIDNIGHT making eggs for the family Easter egg hunt.  the kids helped for about 45 minutes but then it was up to me and jess sit our pregnant booties down and decorate close to 60 eggs. 
that's right 60 handpainted, dipped, colored and held with care easter eggs!
oy.

and of course I thought it would be fun if we had a little photo shoot - of which i have no idea what i am doing! lol.
Behind that egg is Jess' little man - Grayson Tyler Bagby. 
the name isn't official, but we definitely think he'll have Gray and Bagby in his name.
cute, huh?

Fast forward to Easter morning:
maria was so excited to see "pops" in her easter basket.
she had about 3 suckers before 8 am Easter mass!

who says she doesn't have a little bit of me in her! lol.
chris took this picture... I <3!
...

After mass we headed to Uncle Denny Pipers.
We meet there for brunch every easter and it's a joy to be with that side of Chris' family.
This year we had a new little addition.
Evelyn Marker
i melt in those eyes.  and aunt holly looks stunning - as always!
wish i had more pics of that brunch, but i didn't take any good ones of the rest of the family! argh!
...
after Uncle Denny's it was back to Gray Headquarters for a little football, grub and easter egg hunts!
and just to give you a preview of what my family is really like:
yep, this about sums it up!  isn't my brother hot? lol.

but seriously the festivities were on!
 bubbles...
smiles.
and then..
kids sizing each other up before the easter egg hunt
It was fine though!
they hugged it out.
they put a little food in their bellies with a picnic outside
and then it was time to line up.... it's on!
daddy klare did not leave maria's side...
seriously he should get some award for being "dad most present in a daughter's life"
and she loves it!
Emilia was off to the races!
and all the kids gathered for a brief pic before they scarfed down the candy in the plastic eggs.
notice my youngest nephew, Penn in the middle?
That's the newest member of our clan!

We had a lot to celebrate this easter with him apart of our family this year!
It wasn't but a few short weeks before that a beautiful young birth mother placed little Penn in my brother's and sister-in-law's arms to be their son.
I get a little choked up knowing how much Penn has touched the lives of all of our family, especially to see the smile beaming from my brother and his wife's face.
 best buds!
Again, us trying to be creative.  LOL! and when i say us, I mean my my mom and my cousin angela! poor buddy.   
and, this is angela... she graced us with her presence this easter... let's just say it was like having 2 luci's around - FUN I KNOW!
all this beauty and all this joy isn't possible without the love of my parents.
they are constantly sacrificing and giving to make all of us happy.
I hope that when i am 40 years deep into my marraig i can find this kind of love still!
thanks mom and dad.
Happy (belated) Easter!

<3 luci

7 comments:

  1. You are getting really good with that camera! And thanks for not posting the double chin photos:) Love, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write the best posts! And I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has got to be one of the most precious photos I've ever seen of your parents! I absolutely LOVE what you've been able to capture with the new camera.. keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are awesome! What a beautiful family :) I feel like Maria gets cuter every time I see a new picture...I don't know how that's possible!! She is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pics, Lu! I've got to get a frame for the grandkids pic. Jac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone is loving the new camera!:):)
    Y'all so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. K I love every bit of this post and the next. Thanks for sharing the beautiful moments you have with your family! x Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!