Well Maria, welcome to the "big bed" stage.
Daddy and I decided it was time to transition you into a big bed. And to be honest I am more scared about it than you can imagine. The fact that this little ounce of freedom we are giving you means you could roam free at night or walk to our bedroom in the morning or just not stay in bed at bedtime TERRIFIES me. What happened to you just being my baby? What happened me putting you in the baby jail crib and you being too nervous nelly to dare climb out of it!!!?? Ahh, I can already tell those were the days!
This bed is a special bed, though. Your daddy has been talking about this bed since you were born. It's part of a set of fire engine beds that your daddy and uncles slept in while growing up. And he couldn't wait to share this with you and Joseph. I wish you could see how his face lit up when you crawled in it for the first time. He was so proud you loved it!
I know it's not the girliest of beds. But that doesn't matter. It's still beautiful, FULL of sentimental value and will do the job!
I don't know what it will be like training you how to stay in this bed and not fall out, but I am willing to try!
I am so proud of you baby girl! Uhem, I mean big girl. I love you my sweet darling daughter.

I can't even show Christian this--he will be very upset that RIA has a firetruck bed! Sooo cute, love it.
ReplyDelete