
Have you ever felt like, "Man, when it rains, it pours", and you just need some time from the rain to take in the sunshine?!!?
These past couple of weeks have just been two of those weeks! So many times in our lives we get caught up in the humdrum of life and all it's complications and don't stop to reflect what's going on until we've HAD IT! And we end up throwing our hands in the air screaming to the heavens "Whoa, Whoa, WHOA God!! What is the deal?"
So... two days ago was that breaking point for me. And it just so happened to come in the form of a car crash. That's right. I totaled my mother-in-law's buick as I rushed into work-running late as usual! I spent half of the day at the hospital, making sure Hope and Grace were ok. Thankfully, my belly has so much fluid, it was a perfect little air bag for them. I too was ok, a little sore from the seat belt or the air bags deploying around my tummy, but thankfully no one was hurt.
So while spending 4 hours in the hospital, and the rest of the day on the couch I just thought to myself, "Lord, why can't we just catch a break?? I mean it IS St. Patrick's Day and I wore green for Pat's Sake! So... no luck?"
I just broke down.
"Lord, I am so tired! Chris is so tired. We feel the stress and worry of the Girls, of work, of bills etc... and now - a totaled car??!! What is going on Lord? Please!"
Why continue the rain, when I am drenched? In fact, we are all drenched? We are all tired?
And then I realize, I need this rain! We all need the rain. What happens when a flower does not get water, when farmer's experience a drought, when we run hard but do not drink? This water/rain is the way to life. I do not like the rain because I would much rather have the sun shining on my face everyday. Of course, what I am meaning to say is, I do not like the difficulties, the change of plans, the inconveniences, the pain! I would much rather be showered with good luck, things going my way-the way I have always planned, and just things that make me happy. But we all have been there. We have all had things go our way for a time, live superficially, filling ourselves up with emptiness. And then what happens? We are thirsty. WE THIRST.
But if this is how it were-to have no pain ever- then how would we ever realize what blessings are real, what truly makes us happy, what makes us - US, what quenches this THIRST? This downpour will subside! But I need this rain to make me live again. To wash me and make me clean. I need the water to help me grow and become stronger and more beautiful me. This water will give me new life.
I am but one of many flowers the God has planted. He nourishes me daily with the sun (my faith), he talks to me and tells me how beautiful I am and gives me warmth ( my husband and children ), he gives me the company of many other flowers just like me ( my family and friends ) and he gives me the rain to shower me with love, to purify my heart, to make me clean so that I may better receive the Son again and appreciate it - Jesus.
You don't know me....I found your blog through a friend. But I'm praying for you. Your post made me think of one of my favorite songs - "Bring the Rain" from Mercy Me. If you don't know it, google the lyrics :) ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteLuci, you don't know me either but I am humbled and inspired by your blog. I have shared your story with many and we are all praying for you. I am glad you were not injured in the accident and it was ONLY a totalled car. You, Chris, Hope & Grace are all in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteJune in KS - friend of Andrew & Maria
You are amazing, Luci girl! As always, you, Chris, and of course Hope and Grace are in my prayers. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your proof of God's love. Have fun in Charlotte kissing munchkin faces! ;)
ReplyDeleteLuci-
ReplyDeleteOk so you do not know me directly however a friend told me about your blog and I am inspired by your stergnth and faith. I have prayed for you, your husband, and those precious girls!!!! Last night we went to church and I have placed you on the prayer request list at our church. I attend Lakeland Presbyterian Church in Flowood, MS. I hope that you are ok with that. Some of the elders and the asst. pastor asked me for your address. I would like it as well. Please send it to my email address at jlmardis@bellsouth.net. I hope that you are ok with that if not just send me an email and let me know. I have also told many people about your blog to let them see your faith and pray for your angels!!!Please know that I am praying for you all and please just email me if you need anything...so I hope that this has not scared you....
love in Christ!!!
Jennye Lynne Mardis
Lucia! You didn't have to tell the world that you had a wreck. The main thing is that you and the babies are okay. That's all that matters. Material things can be replaced. We love you just the way you are. You're an amazing young woman and we are thrilled that you are in our family.
ReplyDeleteYour mother-in-law, Linda xxoo
Wow! That is all I can say Luci! Once again I have found your words to be so inspiring! I had just posted on my facebook status "I wonder how long you can run on fumes" because my week has been one of "those weeks". Then I came to read your updated blog and the tears began to flow. Thank you for reminding me that through our faith and love of God the "fumes" can keep you going for a long time. Glad to hear you and the girls are okay. Will be keeping all of you in our prayers. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with Jacque, Lucy, and Emilia!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Annaka Magill
(a friend of Michael & Jacque)
Luci and Chris,
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog for weeks now and wanting to post words to inspire or help you, but it has been just the opposite. Your story is such an inspiration to ME. I am inspired and moved by your strength and your faith in God and in each other. I know that God smiles upon you when he sees what he has made in you. Hope and Grace are so blessed to have such amazing parents.
My prayers are with you constantly, and I have shared your story with my prayer group. Enjoy your visit with Jacque and our little neices!!! Will you give them hugs from me? What a wonderful time to be had.
All my thoughts, prayers and love...
Mary Susanne (Michael's sister)
Hey, Luci and Chris. My name is Crystal Rosecrance, my father-in-law met your sister today at church. He was giving the sermon and she came up and spoke with him after and from the way it sounds, it was a wonderful conversation, and there was good healing for both of them. I just wanted to tell you if you need anything to let me know, I have been where you are and I share your pain. We didn't find out about our boys until we were 20 weeks. They too shared a heart and a liver, and it turned out they shared a lung, too. They lived for about an hour and a half--not enough time at all, but it was an answer to our prayers that we just get to hold them alive and tell them how amazing and wonderfully made they were. They would be 8 months old now, and I see babies that same age and wonder what my babies are doing in heaven. I also can not decide if they are seperated or conjoined in heaven. I have dreamt about them both ways, but we found them so perfect the way they were, I know God who made them finds them even more perfect. I can tell you the doctors do their best, but they do not know everything. I still believe God performs miracles, and your babies are miracles, too! They may suprise the doctors and my prayer for you will be that you accept Gods will and He be with you both and give you the strength and peace you need to handle whatever His will may be. God loves you and that is why he chose you to be Hope and Graces parents.I will be faithfully in prayer for all four of you everyday. I would love to help you in any way, so please do not hesitate to contact me. Our website is www.miracletwinboys.com and you can get our email address from there. I would love to share with you our whole story and be here to give you strength when you need it. I love you both already! I am so proud of your choice to give your girls a chance at life.
ReplyDeleteLuci and Chris,
ReplyDeleteThere isn't a day goes by that I don't pray for you and your sweet baby girls. May God's love sustain you through whatever the future holds.
Luci,
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me however, I work with your cousin Holly. At work Holly has been keeping us posted about you, Chris, Grace, & Hope. She read one of your blogs that we cried over and informed us of your blog site. You and Chris are amazing people with a wonderful faith in God. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.