WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Just keep running... ok. walking, forward.

About once a year I attempt something physically demanding that I almost immediately regret once I start. Last year, it was a mile high climb up up up a mountain. This year, it was the Turkey Day 10 K in downtown. And I didn't do any training. LOL!
WHAT WAS I THINKING?
I knew that I would never attempt such a feat on my own, so I recruited some real runners, Gabe and Kevin. I knew with their help and encouragement I would make it across the finish line. I think they seriously regretted going with me as I walked most of the race. They both were chomping at the bit to run ahead of me and finish BEFORE 2 hours (lol), but I REALLY APPRECIATED THE COMPANY!

Ok, I was posing for this pic. I don't really look like this when I run.
Or do i?

We finished!






The night before Turkey day, we had a little fun out at Montgomery Inn. YUM. Chels, always the center of F-U-N! Dave, always the center of dazed and confused! ;) just kiddn uncle dave.

Kevin, a natural with babies. Maria was so comfy in her uncle's arms!
The weather is changing, which means I have to bundle Maria up especially warm. Chris and I had a good belly laugh when we put Maria in this warm pappooos. Chris said, and i quote "Ralphie, You'll shoot your eye out!"
It was my thoughts exactly Chris. She looks like the kids from A Christmas Story.
I am trying to remember to pray with Maria. It's too terribly easy to get caught up in life and not pray with her. But it is definitely something I cherish that my mom did with me that I want to do with my children as well.
Well, it can't be too hard to remember to pray with her when she is already in position.
Don't you just melt when you see her hands folded in angelic pose? I love!
I pray that all my family and friends had a blessed weekend and are ready for Christmas!!
This year I have a special gift for baby Jesus and hope to share soon.
Make this Christmas especially prayerful and holy.

2 comments:

  1. oh-good-grief! a. your knee brace is the worst. b. looks like you and the lady behind you are drinking coffee during your run. pick.up.the.pace. c. poor uncle babe- he is never going to run with you again!

    Jac

    PS- i am so jealous that mom gets to spend every day with her. she is a GUMDROP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm hello skinny in that warm up?! I'm proud of u for finishing, even if u placed in the 75 and older group! Bahahahha;) <3 aunt melanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!