Recently, I have been reading more and more about woman who have lost their children. I find it more prevelant than I have before. When, discussing with close friends and family, it's no wonder why people say "it's a miracle!" when a baby is born healthy. The reality is, so many women suffer from loss!
Lately, it has been almost unbearable to read the stories of mother's who have carried and lost. I end up crying and turning off my computer almost immediately. Or I read and spend hours just running their stories through my mind and heart and aching for them.
Why is it so hard for me to go there with them?
I think it is hard to go back to that place I was just a year ago. I read how all of these beautiful women are just trying to survive each day in the hopes that it won't be a repeat of yesterday's misery. I can literally feel their emotional roller coaster of waking up and wondering if their lives will just shatter like their hearts already have.
The reality is that no one. NO ONE PERSON AT ALL could ever feel how a mother feels when she has lost her child. There is a despair so deep that it penetrates every single act of life.
But we have to ask. What can we do!?
DO NOT FORGET TO PRAY
Now that I have Maria I see how so many things have changed in my heart. It has most definitely filled a void of not having my little Hope and Grace around. But even though I have Maria in my arms, I can't forget that first act of motherhood I was given that single handedly links me to millions of women - giving my babies to God. I cannot shy away from joining them in prayer.
For all the mothers who have not had their "rainbow baby", and may never, I couldn't imagine the loneliness their heart must feel. Especially at Christmas.
But it is good. It is soo good to read their stories, to continue to pray for them and encourage them to keep writing and to keep pouring their hearts out because in this, they are able to mend slowly.
There is no love like love through prayer.
Please pray for the mothers who have lost a baby. Please make this your gift to them this Christmas season.
<3 sound like u read audreys story. :-/ 1 <3 2 souls is about to change a lot of ppl's lives. I'm excited for u!
ReplyDelete<3 aunt melanie