It's routine habit that I call every hour to check on my baby to make sure she is fed, changed, happy and still alive. Paranoid much? Yeah, I know I am. After confirming that Maria was happy as a lark, I inquired on what the rest of the house was up to. She confirmed that all other parties in the household were sleeping at 10:00 am, on a weekday.
I immediately thought, "What lazy bums!". But before I could spit the words out, my mom said, "Luci, remember those days? When you would sleeping until noon?"
I had to think for a second about if she was right. And thought, "oooh Yeahh! Ahh those were the days." And, as usual, she was totally right and I bit my tongue.
My how things have changed in just a few short years.
Now, I wake up randomly in the middle of the night to click on the monitor to make sure Maria is sleeping well.
If I sleep in until 8 a.m. I think I have just won the lottery and got the best sleep in ever. (not exaggerating)
I have eaten 99 different types of baby food. Mainly, to check if the food is too hot. My least favorite is chicken and apples, by the way. Strongly recommend having your husband taste that one for you. YACK!
I long for naptimes, so that I can get a little shut eye too. But really I end up picking the house up and trying to get peas and green beans out of the grout on my kitchen floor.
I pick up, clean, pick up, clean, pick up, clean... and still my house looks like a bomb went off in it, a tornado hit and I allow food fights on a daily basis.
To eat dinner is to eat unsalted, luke warm and unflavored food. I take a bite,Maria takes a bite, I take a bite, Maria takes a bite and the pattern continues until she looks at me with her chubby smile, to tell me she is done. And then down she goes for me to chase her while I finish dinner.
But bedtime is the hardest of it all. Mostly, because I hate the thought of laying her down, knowing it's going to be a whole 10 hours until I get to hold her again.
My how times have changed! I once was a socialite. I fed off the lights at night and craved the fun. I was a flight risk 99% of the time, because I was so carefree and changed my life's direction all the time. There was no real responsibility to anyone. There wasn't any real consequences to any of my actions.
Though I am no longer a vagabond of sorts, I am superbly happy with where I am now. And though it may have seemed that I complained about the baby food, the sleep, the cleaning and the chasing...
In reality, I love it all.
Don't get me wrong, I don't wake up hoping to have a messy house, but I wake up hoping that God has given me another day to try and be better as a wife and mother. Thank goodness He is merciful. Because I fail quite often. And I need more practice!
So to my little brothers and sister enjoy your youth. :) I'd be lying if I said I didn't.
Have a blessed day today!
<3 Luci
<3 Luci
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!