WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Faith. Forever. Family.

Chris and I are approaching our 3rd year anniversary.  And in all honestly, I pinch myself in disbelief - for many reasons.  I can't believe that it's been 3 years.  I can't believe we survived 3 years.  I can't believe it's ONLY been 3 years, feels like 30! ;)  But really, when you've been through what we have in three years of marriage, it seems like much longer.
We are total and complete OPPOSITES.  On a typical day we disagree over 500 minor things.  On a good day we see eye to eye once or twice.  When you walk into our house, you will typically find us going back and forth on random topics of conversation.  My personal favorite is whether or not it's possible to get struck by lightning inside of your own house.  I say, "no way".  He says, "OH, yes".  Apparently he "knows" people who it has happened to. (haahaa)
I appreciate that we are so different and never boring.  I feel we are constantly discovering each other and that keeps things fresh.  Of course, it would be TOTALLY awesome if he loved the things I love like: sushi, traveling to foreign countries, watching football and boyz2men concerts.  However, it's been fun discovering my "inner country" and enjoying things much more simple and close to home.  (but i will always long for ROMA)  I know that I am just a little cooky and a whole lot of care free.  And grateful he is a little serious and more cautious than the average Joe. Sure, we are different in so many ways.  But somehow we keep things balanced.
But there are three things we actually do have in common.  AWESOME!(I high fived myself).  And thank goodness, because they are what really keep us together.
Faith.  # 1 on our priority list.  We are the best at getting up and trying again in this department.  I feel like we are always working on building this together.  Sometimes we are good in our prayer life together and sometimes we don't give enough of ourselves.  But for the most part, we both understand that with out this fundamental element in our marriage and our family, we are kApUt!
Forever.  Long before Chris and I said "I do", we understood what we were going to do.  I vowed my love for him, the day I told him I loved him and I believe, he did the same.  Our marriage vows were just the final step (not the beginning) in freeing us to love each other fully.  Forever isn't a term that I hope will happen to us, but what I know has happened.  I am his, FOREVER.  
Family.  In loving each other and loving our faith we are open to life - at all times.  We are open to God's plan for us and our family.  Both Chris and I learned very early on that we never dare put a number on how many children we will have or the timing.  I wanted 10  and he wanted as many as possible as long as there was a dollar left in his wallet. :)   But God ultimately decides this one.  We are blessed to be able to have 2 in heaven and 1 with us.  Our job as parents is to get our whole family to heaven.  So whether he entrusts us with Maria alone or a whole additional brood, we are willing and accepting. 

I love being able to talk about "Ol' Man Klare" freely on this blog.  I know he ganders at it from time to time and I hope he knows that everything I post about our family is a little love letter to him for how how grateful I am to be his wife.  I love him entirely too much to be a sane person living in society, but I am happy he accepts me for who I am, with all my craziness and is willing to continue this journey together.

Hey, babe.  Rembember when?
Ah... the old days, imagining what our future would hold.
 Never afraid to let loose.
 Never afraid to love each other totally.

Now look where we are together.  Amazing, huh?






<3 luci






2 comments:

  1. A. You long for Roma? We went there....together...duh! How could you forget climbing the convent gate to make it to the bus stop?!?! Ah, just thinking of that makes me laugh, smile, and want to go back with you and all of my sisters.
    B. What does one look like when they high five themselves? Is it actually just one clap?
    C. You and Ole Man Klare are more similar than you are different. Truly, you are both hysterical (OMK in a more sublte way). On that list AND at the very tip top: you both would do anything for anybody. You exude love at all times.

    Love ya!
    Jac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luci, your blogs always make me: CRY, Laugh my butt off, and MISS YOU terribly! I remember disagreeing with you from time to time but always in jest. :) We *NEED* to plan a visit together with our spouses & kids. I wouldn't mind driving to Ohio/Kentucky to see you. I'll work on my hubby. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!