WELCOME!
If you are new to my blog, you may want to start by reading FROM THE BEGINNING. (located on the tabs below)

Saturday, August 25, 2012

A real hero

For years when we have watched the news, read a bumper sticker, have a moment of silence we remember, we support and pray for our troops.
Tonight those words mean much more as my little brother begins his tour of duty in the army tomorrow morning.
In the eyes of the world he is man. In mine, he is still that 4 year old butter ball that couldn't pronounce his r's correctly. Cutest kid ever.
And now I have to say goodbye to my baby brother for a year as he heads over seas to fight for our freedoms.
So tonight, I will not take my freedom for granted. I will keep our troops in my prayers. I will continue the prayer ritual of saying a hail Mary at dinner every night before we sit to enjoy our "blessings", in the hope Mary will protect David until he is back safely at home again.
I am so proud of him. He truly is a hero.
Please keep him in your prayers.

See you on a year buddy. Get home soon and safe. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. praying for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for him. Let him know we're extremely grateful for his service.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me and letting me know what you think!